Knocked your wine glass off the table? Whether it was a precariously balanced bottle or a tipsy co-worker at your cocktail party, spilling wine is a common mishap that often leaves people scouring the internet for how to get wine out of carpet.
Fortunately, we have all of the answers you need here. In our guide on how to get red wine out of carpet, we, the flooring experts, give you our best cleaning products and top recommendations to remove those pesky stains and return your carpet to pristine condition.
Step 1: Scrape or blot up excess spill.
Step 2: Apply detergent solution (see "Cleaning Solutions"), use damp towel, and leave 3-5 minutes.
Step 3: Blot-don't rub.
Step 4: Apply white vinegar (undiluted), using a damp towel.
Step 5: Blot again. Finish by weighing down a half-inch thick pad of white paper towels to absorb all the moisture. Leave overnight if necessary.
1. Detergent: Mix 1/2 teaspoon clear dishwashing detergent with one cup of warm (not hot) water.
2. Pre-soak Solution: Mix 1 teaspoon enzyme laundry detergent (such as Axion, Biz, or others) with one cup of water.
3. Dry Powder Cleaner: Use powdered carpet cleaners.
4. Dry Cleaning Solvent: Non-oily, non-caustic type sold as spot removal for garments. Caution: May be flammable.
* Note: Not all carpet fibers react the same way when treated for stains. Before proceeding with any of the preceding cleaning procedures, we recommend you contact the appropriate fiber company for their suggested maintenance guidelines. Failure to follow these carpet stain removal guidelines may void your warranty. For more information, please contact your Carpet One retailer.
Note: If your carpet has an Ultra 25a Warranty, you must call 3M directly prior to treating any stain. Failure to do this will void your warranty.
Have another stain? Check out our carpet stain removal guide.
At Essis & Sons Carpet One Floor & Home, our vast selection of flooring products achieve the highest standards in quality, style, and comfort. Coupled with our industry-leading warranties and our one-of-a-kind guarantee, our customers are able to have complete confidence in their purchases. So what are you waiting for? Tell us about your flooring vision for your home, so we can get started finding you the perfect flooring fit for you and your home.
Thank you for contacting Carpet One Floor & Home. Your local flooring expert will reach out to you regarding your inquiry.